Pages

.

Review: Etude House AC Clinic Intense Hinoki Water Mist

Etude House AC Clinic Intense Hinoki Water Mist (100ml)
Description: This is a soothing mist containing Hinoki Water (Chamaecyparis Obtusa Water), controlling sebum and dead skin cells to keep complexion clean, moist and smooth all day long.
Directions: Spray frequently and evenly onto whole face whenever needed. *Spray 20cm away from face.*

The water mist comes in a solid plastic bottle with a plastic pump spray nozzle.

Consistency & Color:
Watery & colorless.

Scent:
I don't know how to describe the scent... Like a herby? medicated? fragrance~ It smells similar to other AC Clinic products which I really love~

Likes:
- contains acne-fighting ingredients
- 4 free formula — free of mineral oil, artificial color, artificial fragrance,...(forgot what's the last one...)
- non-comedogenic
- soothe pimples/does not irritates pimples
- helps prevent future breakouts/does not cause breakouts
- cooling and refreshing sensation when sprayed on face
- does not dry up the skin
- the scent

Dislikes:
- moisturizing effect don't last!
- does not helps controlling sebum

Moisture Test:
Before spraying the mist, the skin moisture level measures 32.6%. 
Not really hydrated... ><"

I sprayed the mist on my arm and waited for about 5 minutes until it gets fully absorbed into the skin.

After the mist got fully absorbed into the skin, I took the measurement and it measures 54.1%. HYDRATED~

However..., 10 minutes later, I took the measurement again... The moisture level dropped to 40.7%.

Another 10 minutes later, I measured it again... the moisture level dropped to 35.7%... -_-

Verdict?: It claims to "keep the skin clean, MOIST and smooth ALL DAY LONG". Apparently, it does not really moisturizes well... From the Moisture Test, it makes me think that the moisture kind of evaporated into the thin air instead of locking into the skin... The moisture definitely does not lasts "all day long" as it claimed. (-_-") It does not dry up the skin either.

As for oil-controlling..., I don't think it does controls oil because when I used oil blotting sheet to blot my face in the mid-day, the area of blotting sheet being covered by oil remains the same. lol.

Anyway, I use this everyday on the last step of my skin care routine before putting makeup. It gives a really cooling and refreshing sensation. It's also great to use after makeup application to help set the makeup or when makeup has begun to wilt during the mid-day.

After using this for more than a month, I don't think it helps to heal pimples because I didn't see my pimples shrinking it's size after using this. However, I do notice that the pimples were less red after using so I concluded that it helps to soothe pimples. (ps, Acne Spot Treatment is still the best acne medication for pimples outbreak.)

All in all, I like it because it's for 'troubled skin' — it contains acne-fighting ingredients which helps to soothe pimples and prevents future breakouts without drying the skin. Well, I live in hot and humid country(Singapore) so I use it whenever I simply want a little spritz of something cool and refreshing. It's kind of relaxing~~ :)

This is a soothing mist so if you are looking for a moisturizing facial mist, this is not for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment