Pages

.

Review: Etude House Baking Powder B.B Deep Cleansing Foam

Etude House Baking Powder B.B Deep Cleansing Foam (150ml)
Description: Formulated with Baking Powder to penetrate and cleanse deep within pore to remove makeup and residues.
*Ideal for BB cream removal. 100% natural & Dye-Free
Active Ingredients: Baking Powder.
Directions: Apply to wet face and lather. Massage thoroughly and rinse with warm water.

The product actually comes well-wrapped with a plastic sheet/wrapper? (whatever it's called...). I ripped off the plastic sheet/wrapper before I start taking pictures. :x
It comes with a plastic twist-off screwed flip cap and the opening is perfectly sealed with a foil.

It contains really fine and mild scrubbing particles and it's not abrasive. The scrubbing particles will melt away during massaging. 

Moisture Test on the back of my hand:
The moisture loss is only 1.7% so I concluded that this cleanser is not very drying.

Consistency & Color:
Soft and white creamy texture with really fine and mild scrubbing particles.

Scent:
It has a citrusy, lemony-orangey scent which smells really niiiicee~

Likes:
- the baking powder formula
- 100% natural and dye-free
- remove all traces of makeup!
- mild exfoliation; not too harsh nor abrasive
- deep cleanse; unclogging pores
- brightens up the skin
- skin feels smooth to the touch after use
- lathers up well
- not very drying
- easy to wash off
- makes it easier to extract blackheads
- does not cause any irritation or breakouts
- the scent

Dislikes:
- for sensitive skin... probably not suitable to use it daily

Makeup Removal Test! (Demonstration on my mom's hand~  ) :
Sorry for the messy "wordy" picture... ><"

Squeeze out some cleanser, add some water and start massaging...

massage... massage... massage.... 
You can notice that the makeup starts to dissolve...

continue massaging...
....massage... massage... massage....

and rinse it off with water
.
.
.
Dry with a towel~
TA-DAAA~
All traces of makeup, even waterproof makeup, has been removed!
It literally brightens up the skin and leaves the skin feels smooth to the touch!

Verdict? Well well well..., I absolutely love this cleansing foam! It deep cleanse and exfoliate the skin, removing excess dead skin cells and unclogging the pores without overly drying the skin. The mild exfoliation does makes blackhead extraction easier. I might do a post on blackhead extraction in the future...

As I have combination skin(oily on the T-zone, dry on the cheekbones and sensitive skin), I don't use it daily. I use it twice or max. thrice a week, alternately, and use only when I wear makeup. Oh and..., only at night. I use a different cleanser in the day. Anyway, despite the scrubbing particles are fine and mild, I don't think it's good to exfoliate everyday. So I personally suggest to use it twice or max. thrice a week, alternately. :)

As I have mentioned, I will use this cleanser only when I wear makeup because as you can see from above pictures, this amazing cleanser cleans off makeup super effectively. However, I will still use a makeup remover prior to deep cleansing with this cleansing foam. I called it double cleansing~ lol. I use a makeup remover just to make sure that all the makeup is completely removed. Then I will use this cleansing foam to deep cleanse thoroughly, dissolving and removing all the remaining unseen impurities/makeup residues within the pores which the makeup remover can't remove.

In general, I love this product and would recommend this to people who wears makeup~ BUT, I don't recommend people to use this to remove eye makeup! The skin around the eye area is the most delicate so I personally think it's a little abrasive. Furthermore, if the product gets into your eyes, it does stings like a bitch! ><"

No comments:

Post a Comment