Pages

.

Review: Etude House AC Clinic Intense Liquid Spot

Etude House AC Clinic Intense Liquid Spot (25ml)
Description: Containing Salicylic Acid and Hinoki Cypress, this is a convenient liquid type trouble care spot product with excellent absorbing properties into any part of the body that needs special care.
Directions: Lightly dab to absorb into area that needs special care. Can be use repeatedly. *Recommended to use on clean skin to maintain sanitary container.*

 It comes in a sturdy glass bottle with a plastic twist-off cap.
It has this easy-to-use sponge applicator that allows you to just dab it onto your skin. However, I find it unhygienic to use it frequently in a day. So normally I will just use it once in the day, while at night I will use AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Spot right after I cleanse my face. 

Consistency & Color:
Liquid-y and watery. Colorless.

Scent:
I don't know how to describe the scent... Like a herby? medicated? fragrance~ It smells similar to other AC Clinic products which I really love~

Likes:
- non-comedogenic
- 4 free formula — free of mineral oil, artificial color, artificial fragrance,...(forgot what's the last one...)
- it's colorless~ it's great to use it in the day.
- can be use under makeup
- soothe blemishes
- does helps to dry up zits
- get absorbed into the skin
- the cooling sensation after application
- the scent

Dislikes:
- unhygienic
- sponge applicator spoils easily

Verdict?: It soothe blemishes and dry them up within a few days. But for those huge painful ones, it might requires a longer time to get them dry up. I personally find the AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Spot works better for those huge painful zits as compared to this liquid spot. However, AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Spot will leave a pink residue after application so it's not suitable to use it in the day unless you plan to stay at home the whole day or unless you want to look like a clown. :P While this liquid spot is colorless so it's great to use it in the day.

On the other hand, I like this liquid spot because it can be use under makeup. Unlike other gel-type spot treatments, this is in liquid form so it will get absorbed into the skin without leaving any sticky layer that will interfere with makeup.

People who are looking for a spot treatment that can be use both day & night and under makeup, this is a good choice. :)

Update on 20 October 2013:
A quick update for this product... Basically, the whole sponge applicator detached itself from the bottle and literally become useless... I did not take any shots when it happened because I thought I used it too roughly which caused the sponge to spoil. lol. After I saw some reviewers reviewing about it then I know it was not my fault. Anyway, here are some pictures I 'steal'(HAHA) from them:
(Source of photo: link)

(Source of photo: link)

What I did was to remove the sponge and remove the springy-like part/component and use a q-tip as applicator. Here's how the springy-like part/component(?) looks like... 
It supposed to be fixed at the hole of the bottle(refer to below photo) and it works like a stopper. 

When you dab the product on your skin, the springy-like part/component(?) will get pressed and releases the liquid/fluid onto the sponge applicator. 

So as I've said, I removed the springy-like part/component, which works like a stopper, and the sponge and there's a hole that allows me to dip my q-tip in and retrieve the liquid/fluid.
Actually, I prefer the q-tip method than the sponge applicator it originally comes with. I find it more hygienic using a q-tip. :x And so, even without the sponge applicator, it doesn't bothers me. :)

That's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment