Pages

.

A Truly Amazing Acne Treatment



Like many other people, I struggle with adult acne.   I've tried many over the counter remedies, including Pro-Active, with limited success.  The ironic thing is that I didn't suffer from acne as a teenager.  My acne seemed to be triggered by pregnancy. 


Feeling frustrated by lack of results and not wanting to resort to prescription medications, I went on a mad search last year for a natural cure. 

In my research, I found that Turmeric is widely used in other parts of the world medicinally and as a beauty treatment.  Turmeric is used for acne because of its antiseptic and antibacterial properties that fight pimples and breakouts. It removes redness from acne and other types of scarring, reduces inflammation and evens out skin discolorations.

Turmeric also appears to have cancer-fighting properties as well!

I decided to apply Turmeric topically to the affected areas and take it internally.  You can purchase Turmeric for topical use in the spice section of your grocery store.  Supplements are sold for internal use, however, I found it less expensive to purchase empty gelatin capsules at my local health food store and fill them with Turmeric from the spice jar. 

1) I use turmeric found in the spice section of
my grocery store.



2) It only takes about 2 to 3 tsp each treatment




3) Add equal parts water to ground turmeric
 

4) Mix well until consistency of prepared mustard
 

5) Apply to the affected area and leave on
for at least 20 minutes.  I prefer to leave
on overnight.
Using Turmeric is simple -

I would caution you that this will stain your skin and your bedsheets yellow.  I use an old pillowcase that I can bleach on the nights I apply turmeric topically.  In the morning, the staining on my skin is easy enough to remove with hydrogen peroxide.  

For me, the turmeric worked an overnight miracle.  (Read here to see what I did to get rid of the acne scarring.) The deep cystic acne was brought to the surface, swelling virtually gone.  The hard center of the pimples were very easy to remove with little pressure.  (Yes, I know you're not supposed to pick at acne, but the center literally jumped out for me with ever so slight pressure around the pimple).   After some time, I found I could stop using turmeric topically and just continue to take supplements orally.    

I believe this treatment is probably not widely used simply because it's messy and stains whatever it comes into contact with.  However, for those who are desperate to control or cure their acne, that messiness may seem a small price to pay.   

I would encourage anyone who struggles with acne to give this natural remedy a try! 

For more reading on beauty the natural way you might enjoy the following ~

Feed Your Face: Younger, Smoother Skin and a Beautiful Body in 28 Delicious Days

Feed Your Face: Over 80 Natural Skin Care Recipes for Homemade Facial Masks for All Skin Types. (Natural Beauty Recipes)

The Clear Skin Diet

If you are having difficulty locating supplies at your local store ~

Empty Gelatin Capsules 0 Size - 500 Empty Gelatin Capsules

Simply Organic Turmeric Root Ground Certified Organic, 2.38-Ounce Container

Frontier Ground Turmeric Root (minimum 5% Curcumin), 16 Ounce Bags (Pack of 3)

Or if you would like the benefits of turmeric in a commercially prepared cream you might be interested in ~

Clear Face Turmeric Cream

If you liked  this article, don't forget to subscribe!  Just clink on the link on the right side of the page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment