Pages

.

Bell Bottomed Jeans

 
I've been down with the flu for over a week now and was beginning to get a little stir crazy.  I decided a little altering might make me feel better so this is what I did with my Saturday afternoon.

Big Things Start Small Tee Shirt
Big Things Start Small Tee Shirt by Poppyjuice
Design your own custom shirts online at Zazzle


1) I took an old pair of jeans and replaced the pockets with
some from another old pair.  I never liked the way the pockets
on this pair looked...too small.

2) I then made slits from the ankle to the knee on both sides
of the pant leg.  For my leg this was about 15 inches.

3) From another old pair of jeans I took rectangular pieces
15 inches in height with a base of approximately 6 inches.
I pinned right sides together and stitched in place.

4) After stitching triangles into place, I turned right side out
and pressed with my iron.  Impressive flare!

My husband said I need to iron these a
little better to get the right look but I'd say
my first stab at bell bottoms was a success!

Groovy Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment