Pages

.

Review: Etude House AC Clinic Daily Acne Foam Cleanser

Etude House AC Clinic Daily Acne Foam Cleanser (150ml)
Description: Formulated with Salicylic Acid, Foam Cleanser removes acne causing germs to keep your skin clear all day. *Non-comedogenic & Dermatologist Tested.*

*'Non-comedogenic' means it will not produce nor aggravate acne. AC Clinic line is formulated without acne inducing ingredients to promote clear skin.

Directions: Wet face and dispense small amount onto hands. Lather and apply foam to face, gently massaging entire area. Wash and rinse thoroughly with warm water.

It comes with a plastic twist-off screwed flip cap and the opening is perfectly sealed with a foil.

The product can be easily squeezed out from the cleanser tube. 

Consistency & Color:
It has a white creamy texture.

Scent:
Err...I'm bad at describing scent... It has a medicated herby scent to me. I don't find it overpowering. I actually quite like the scent.

Moisture Test on the back of my hand:
The moisture loss after cleansing is only 0.7% so I concluded that this cleanser is not drying.

I found some sites saying that this cleanser can be used to cleanse off makeup. So let's have an experiment~!:

Make-Up Removal Test on the back of my mom's hand:
Swatches of make-up

Squeeze out some cleanser, add some water and start massaging...

massage...massage...massage
You can notice that the makeup starts to dissolve...

Rinse it off with water and dry with a towel.

Result?: It failed to remove the Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner and the Holika Holika Jewel-Light eyeliner completely. As for the rest of the makeup swatches, it seems to have removed completely. However, to be on the safe side, I will still recommend you to use a make-up remover prior to cleanse with this cleanser. I called it 'double cleansing'~! It is to make sure that all makeup residues/impurities have been completely removed. Well, I'm pretty sure you don't want to get breakout, isn't it? So yeah, use a proper makeup remover in removing makeup before cleanses with a cleanser! Don't be lazy and skip the step. :)

Likes:
- contains salicylic acid
- non-comedogenic
- cleanses well
- able to remove certain makeups
- does not aggravate pimples
- no breakout or irritation; suits sensitive skin
- prevents future breakout
- easy to wash off
- leaves the skin feels clean and refresh
- does not dry up the skin
- the scent

Dislikes:
- none!
There's nothing I don't like... :)

Verdict: This cleanser cleanses well and it isn't drying nor aggravating pimples. It does not cause breakout either. In fact, it helps to deal with future breakout. I absolutely love it soooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuchh~! This has always been in my holy grail skincare product list! You can read "My Acne Story" page to know why. I can't stress how much I love the AC Clinic line. Their products had helped to deal with my horrible acne. Though back then halfway through the progress there were some drying problem, I don't find the line drying for my skin now. It works perfectly for my skin and I'm loving it!

People who have trouble with acne, you might want to give this cleanser and/or other AC Clinic line's products a shot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment