Pages

.

Review: Hiruscar Post Acne Gel

Having trouble with pimple marks/scars? Try this! :

Hiruscar Post Acne Gel (10g)
Description: Gel for pimple scars and dark marks. In collaboration with Medinova AG — Switzerland, Hiruscar Post Acne, a scar clear gel, is proven to improve depressed scars arising from pimple and help lighten dark spots and/or red marks. Hiruscar Post Acne contains MPS, Allium Cepa, Pionin (Quaternium-73) and other natural ingredients to improve pimple scars and may help the formation of new pimple scars. It provides fast, easy skin absorption with a pleasant and non-greasy texture. It can be used as a part of treatment regime and also can be used under make-up.

Claims to do:
A Unique Formulation with 3-in-1 Scar Clear Benefits:
1. Lightens dark marks in 12 weeks
2. Improves/smoothens depressed pimple scars
3. May prevent pimple occurrence
* Non-Comedogenic, Hypoallergenic, Alcohol Free.

Directions: Apply 2-3 times a day, in the morning and before bedtime. Use regularly after skin treatment and before make-up for continuous and better outcome for scars management. Always wash hands before and after use.

Composition (Ingredients):
Aqua, Allium Cepa Bulb Extract, Niacinamide, Sorbeth-30, PPG-26-Buteth-26 and PEG-40hydrogenated caster oil, Quaternium-73, Carbomer, Fragrance, Iodopropynyl butylcarbamate and DMDM hydantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Allantoin and Mucopolysaccharide (MPS).

Below pictures(Source: link) further elaborate... (please take some time to read them~)
  • What is a Hiruscar Post Acne Gel?

  • What can Hiruscar Post Acne do and when to use?
  • How to use Hiruscar Post Acne Gel?
  • The effectiveness:

It comes in a squeeze-able tube with a twist-off plastic cap.
It's easy to squeeze out the gel from the tube.

Consistency and Color:
Light clear gel texture and it's not greasy at all.
Once applied on the skin, it gets absorbed into the skin without leaving any sticky residue/layer.

Scent:
I don't know how to describe the scent... The scent is kind of "unique" though. I personally find it a little pungent. To be honest, I couldn't accept the scent when I first tried it but after a few use, I'm used to it. It's bearable and will not linger after application.

Likes:
- 100% anti-bacterial
- lighten and improve pimple scars and dark marks
- gets absorbed into the skin
- can be used under makeup
- light gel consistency and not heavy
- non-comedogenic
- alcohol-free
- suits sensitive skin
- doesn't cause breakouts

Dislikes:
- takes time to fully lighten pimple scars/marks

This is not my first time using this product. I first used it back in Year 2010.
This is the one I used last time.(2-in-1 formulation)
*The one I reviewing is Hiruscar Post Acne Gel. I think it's their new product. An upgraded version(3-in-1 formulation) specially for pimple scars/marks.

After some time, I stopped using this product and switched to other lightening/whitening products, such as the Skinfood Tomato Whitening Spot Serum & Etude House AC Clinic Red Spot Balm. It's been quite a few years since I last used this and I decided to use it again because of my allergies and sensitive skin. Well, I got a skin allergic reaction to tea tree oil back in August 2013. Yes, I am allergic to tea tree oil and I know it yet I still used it. Am I stupid or what!? LOL.

Back then, I had an event coming up and I just wanna get rid of about 6 to 8 zits(ranging from small to big) that were on my chin before the event. Despite knowing that I am allergic to tea tree oil, I still took the risk and used it. I actually had a plan in mind... I planned...if an allergic reaction occurs, then I will just don't attend the event. As simple as that. It's not really important anyway. So yeah..., allergic reaction really occurred and I left with even more zits and scars. 

During and After the allergic period, my skin on the chin belonged to the VERY sensitive skin type. Therefore, I decided to get back to this Hiruscar Gel because I know it's sensitive skin friendly~ It's clinically proven, safe to use, non skin irritant, even safe to use on sensitive skin.

By the way, it takes time to notice the results so don't expect an instant miracle from this product. The recommended treatment must be at least 2 weeks to 2 months. But I will recommend to use this for at least 3 months. With continuous usage, you will probably see visible results in 2 weeks on fresh pimple scars/marks. Do take note that the treatment period and results may vary depending on individual's condition, such as the condition of the acne wound and also how fast your skin repairs itself.

Here's my 8 weeks and 3 days of 'experiment'~ 
PS: All the photos were taken on different time so the lighting may vary. NO makeup or editing... errr... actually..., I did edit... — cropped, combined all photos into one and added in watermarks and dates. That's it. NO major editing though.
(Before): I had these patches of redness, bumpy/pimplish skin after using tea tree oil. It was a skin allergic reaction as I've said. Actually, it was much redder than in the photo and it was hell itchy! >< The itchiness and redness took about a week and a half to heal.

PS: I started using the Hiruscar Post Acne Gel on 6th September 2013. So...
Day 1: As you can see, I have a lot of scars/marks left by the allergic reaction...

6 weeks & 2 days: Oops, sorry. Wrong angle. lol. Anyway, you probably still be able to notice the difference huh?

(After) 8 weeks & 3 days: There are still some very faint pimple scars/marks, I don't know if you guys can see... However, the marks are greatly faded! On a side note, please excuse that Nexcare Patch~ lololol. I have a nasty zit there. It popped itself this morning and I just pasted the patch over it to help suck out all the pus. :x

By the way, I apply the gel 2 times a day, in the morning and at night, after my toner and before my moisturizer.

Okay, enough said. Whether the product works in fading scars/marks, you will be the judge~ :)

People who have trouble with pimple scars/marks, you might want to give this a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment