Pages

.

Review: Etude House AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Spot

Etude House AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Spot (20ml) [Re-updated]
Description(from the box): Formulated with Salicylic Acid and Hinoki Cypress, AC Clinic delivers trouble care. Pink Powder alleviates trouble swelling on contact to minimize damage. Comes with cotton swabs for application.

Directions(from the box): Do not shake bottle. After facial care, allows the powder to settle at the bottom. Perpendicularly dip cotton swab into bottle to draw powder from bottle. Use swab, coated with powder, to dab onto trouble spots and acne.

The set comes with a bottle of AC Clinic Pink Powder Spot (20ml), a bottle of AC Clinic Daily Spot (15ml) and a packet of cotton swabs .aka. q-tips.

The Pink Powder Spot comes in a sturdy glass bottle with a plastic screw-off cap.

How to use?:
Do not shake the bottle! Allows the powder to settle at the bottom. 
Then use a cotton swab .aka. q-tip and dip it perpendicularly into the powder in the bottle. Pull out the cotton swab/q-tip and apply it to the pimples.

It leaves a pink powder layer upon application. Therefore, I don't recommend you to use it in the day unless you plan to stay at home the whole day. Also, I don't recommend you to wear this under make-up. If you are looking for a spot treatment that can be use under make-up, you can try the day version spot treatment which is also from the Etude House AC Clinic line, called the Etude House AC Clinic Intense Liquid Spot. (Review: link)

Consistency and Color:
It has a pink powdery texture.

Scent:
It has a medicated herby scent to me.

Likes:
- contains salicylic acid
- dry up and heal pimples effectively
- no breakout or irritation; suits sensitive skin
- easy to use
- easy to wash it off

Dislikes:
- the powder may stains pillow/pillow case easily (can be washed off)
- the liquid in the bottle finish faster than the powder

Neutral:
- does not treat acne marks/scars
but I'm fine with this since I can treat the marks/scars with Hiruscar Post Acne Gel (Review: link)

Here's my 5 days of 'experiment':
PS: All the photos were taken on different day/time so the lighting may vary. NO makeup or editing... errr... actually..., I did edit... — cropped, combined all photos into one and added in watermarks and dates. That's it. NO major editing though.
During the day, I will use Etude House AC Clinic Intense Liquid Spot (Review: link) and at night, I will use Etude House AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Spot.

Day 1: A nasty, inflamed zit decided to come out to play... 
Day 1 (night): Dab some pink powder spot on the zit. I use the pink powder spot every night until the zit is completely healed.
Day 2: You can notice that the zit got dried up.
Day 3: The layer of dried acne scab has peeled off and there is an open wound.
Day 4: The zit/pimple has gone away but the open wound is not fully healed yet. The wound is barely noticeable though.
Day 5: The wound has healed and it leaves a flat pinkish-red acne mark/scar. It's time to treat the acne mark/scar~

Once the zit has fully healed, I will proceed on to treat the acne mark/scar with Hiruscar Post Acne Gel. (Review: link)

Verdict: This night spot treatment does not treat acne marks/scars but it is very effective in healing zits. It dries and heals zit within a week without causing any irritation or overly drying problem. I absolutely love it sooooo muuuuuuuchh~! Like the AC Clinic cleanser, this has always been in my holy grail skincare product list too! You can read "My Acne Story" page to know why. I can't stress how much I love the AC Clinic line. Their products had helped to deal with my horrible acne. Though back then halfway through the progress there were some drying problem, I don't find the line drying for my skin now. It works perfectly for my skin and I'm loving it!

People who have trouble with acne, you might want to give this spot treatment and/or other AC Clinic line's products a shot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment