Pages

.

Review: The Face Shop Real Nature Mask (Mung Bean)

The Face Shop Real Nature Mask (Mung Bean) (20g)
Description: The air pockets within the sheet contain handful of nutritional essence, providing natural moisture and nourishment to skin.

*Mung Bean: A clarifying mask sheet containing mung bean extract, effective in purifying pores for a clean and smooth skin texture.

Directions: Wash face and apply toner. Pull out the mask and carefully place it on the face. Remove after 10~12 minutes and tap lightly to absorb the remaining essence into the skin.

Mask sheet well soaked with essence~

This is the amount of excess essence being poured out from the pack.
The Face Shop is really generous with the essence. :)

This is how the mask looks like...
*thanks dad for helping me to hold the mask :P*

The essence gets absorbed within 10 minutes and it does leaves a slight stickiness on the skin.

Consistency & Color:
Watery, serum-like and colorless.

Scent:
I don't know how to describe the scent of this mask. It doesn't smells like Mung Bean at all. To me, it has a scent like a wet tissue, not too strong or overpowering. It's quite pleasant but it's not refreshing though...

Moisture Test on the back of my hand:
Before applying the essence, my skin moisture level measures 36.6%.
After applying the essence, my skin moisture level measure 54.7%.
After 10 minutes later(essence got absorbed), I took the measurement again, it dropped to 54.0%.

Moisture gained is 18.1%.

The difference on moisture loss after 10 minutes is only 0.7%.
which I concluded that this mask is quite moisturizing.

**Above result is just for the application of a mask, without prior application of a toner.**
With application of a toner and a moisturizer, I believe the skin will be perfectly hydrated!

Likes:
- moisturizes
- gentle on skin; suits sensitive skin
- leave the skin feeling soft, smooth and radiant
- soothing and calming effect
- does not cause breakout or irritation
- mask well soaked with essence
- contains a handful of excess essence

Dislikes:
- leaves skin feeling sticky to the touch -.-

Neutral:
- purifies pores
- oil-control

Verdict: I couldn't tell if this mask helps to purify pores. Good thing is that I didn't get breakout after using. It does moisturizes my skin and my skin will look radiant, soft and smooth(and sticky -.-) to the touch. On the other hand, I don't know if this mask helps with oil control. Sorry, I didn't really take notice...... However, my brother who also tried this mask the other day, noticed a difference in oiliness before and after using the mask. He actually whatsapped me during his working hours asking about whether this mask helps with oil control because his face isn't as oily as what he would normally gets. So perhaps..., this mask does helps with controlling oil.

People who have oily, combination and sensitive skin might want to give this mask a try. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment